Sunday, May 10, 2009

Graduation

papers have been over for a few days now, and i'm packing my room, going through all the things that i've touched and went through for the past three years. made a lot of friends, lost someone dear to me, perservered through, met the one for me, started on working life, getting a right attitude, keeping going on, created a lot of fantastic music with great people, gave a lot to the band and received even more back. Found the Lord in my path again when I was lost. The list just goes on and on..

somehow, the feeling that this phase of my student life is over started when I finished the papers for economics. the final paper towards my major was over just like that. all the effort put it, and the rest is up to Him. the feeling of student life being over is something that you yearn for once again, that you want to turn back time and start all over again, where you have no worries about what you were going to do tomorrow because its already planned for you. all you have to do is to focus on your grades and be there to do your best for your academic pursuits.

at the end of the paper, whilst everyone was rushing off to prepare for their next paper, i just sat there at my desk, and had this surreal feeling that everyone's rush around me held different meanings. I was just this spectator in this large arena where everyone showed their skills and abilities and everyone else was watching each other as well. seeing the flow of people whilst you just sat there within and without the arena of the examination hall, just feels like you are in another dimension.

at the end of the last paper of my academic life, seeing people around me wearing winter gear to "fight" the cold of the exam halls brought a laugh to me. I was just weary and tired of all the pursuits already and in a way, I'm glad its over and yet, I miss that I would not have the same experiences again. Life in NUS has been full of all emotions. A large rollercoaster ride that I enjoyed and would not have changed for anything. If anything, I would make more mistakes and made even more funny things happen.

even though i made the first ever mistake of my life of not bringing my wallet out on the morning of the last paper, the rush home and back to school through the traffic jams brought a lot of thoughts to my mind. even though it was the last paper, i still had to give it my best. I still have to give it my all. to push through to reach with the minimal time lost. Even though there were a few other people who were late or later than me, they strolled in and did not have the urgency to actually complete the paper. perhaps that was their way of remaining calm and collected to handle the paper, but to me, it felt like they didn't care about the paper.

student life is over now, and time to proceed on with working life.

going to shanghai and beijing to settle things there next week, and will be back after that to concentrate fully on my work. Jiayou!

No comments: